Christmas Tree Coffee Cake
|Crescent dinner rolls||8 Ounce, refrigerated (1 Can)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), powdered|
|Orange juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Red cherries||4 , candied, halved|
|Green cherries||4 , candied, halved|
1) Preheat oven hot to 375°F.
2) Open out dough into 2 long rectangles.
3) Press firmly the tears to seal.
4) Cut the rectangles lengthwise into 4 strips.
5) Twist the dough strips several times.
6) On ungreased cookie sheet, arrange the strips into tree shape beginning at top of tree.
7) Place Zigzag twisted strips of dough back and forth across cookie sheet. Connect each strips touching each other to make tree wider at the bottom.
8) Complete with curl of dough at center of bottom to form trunk.
9) Tree should be about 8 inches from tip to trunk.
10) In a small bowl, mix granulated sugar and orange peel.
11) Sprinkle the mixture over dough.
12) Bake for 12 to 16 minutes.
13) Remove from cookie sheet immediately and arrange on serving tray.
14) In a small bowl mix powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth.
15)Sprinkle the glaze over bread.
16) Garnish with cherries.
17) Serve warm.