Mocha Streusel Coffee Cake
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant coffee granules/Crystals||1 Tablespoon|
|Semisweet baking chocolate||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Pecan pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For coffee cake|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||8 Ounce (1 Container)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F.
2) Using a cooking spray grease angel food (tube cake) pan.
3) In food processor bowl add brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and the instant coffee.
4) Cover and process with on-and-off pulses until blended.
5) Mix chocolate and pulse to chop.
6) Mix pecans and pulse to chop. Keep aside.
7) In a large bowl, using electric mixer beat granulated sugar and butter on medium speed. 8) Beat in 1 egg at a time until well blended.
9) Mix almond extract to it.
10) In a small bowl, mix 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. 11) Mix half of flour mixture to sugar-egg mixture and beat with electric mixer on low speed. 12) Add yogurt and mix thoroughly.
13) Add remaining flour mixture and blend.
14) Transfer half of batter into pan and spread evenly.
15) Sprinkle half of streusel mixture over it.
16) Add remaining batter and remaining streusel mixture over it.
17) Bake for 55 to 65 minutes.
18) In the cooling rack, cool upright for 1 hour.
19) Take off cake from pan.
20) Serve warm or cool.