Buttermilk Fried Cakes
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs), sifted|
|Deep fat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1) In a bowl, add the sugar and eggs and beat with the shortening.
2) Add in the buttermilk and vanilla.
3) Sift together the dry ingredients.
4) Add into the sugar mix and blend well.
5) Flour a board and roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
6) Cut into rounds.
7) Drop into deep fat at 375 degrees and fry. Turn once.
8) Take out and place on a paper towel.
9) Sprinkle with sugar and serve.