Chocolate Tunnel Pound Cake
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate squares||3 , coarsely chopped|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||2 , melted and cooled|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10" tube pan.
2) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
3) In another bowl, whip together sugar, oil and almond extract.
4) Add in the eggs, one at a time and beating them individually.
5) Add in a flour, little at a time, alternating with a little milk each time. Stir well.
6) Make two equal portions of the batter. Into one half, add the chopped semi-sweet chocolates and melted unsweetened chocolate.
7) Pour the other half of the batter into the tube pan. Spread the chocolate flavored batter over the top of the plain batter and spread evenly.
8) Bake for about 55 minutes. Cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
9) Dust the Chocolate Tunnel Pound Cake lightly with icing sugar. Slice and serve.