Seven Layer Cake
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Grease and line two or three 8 inch round ans with wax paper.
3. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
4. Add sugar gradually, beating constantly with a rotary beater; add 1 table- spoon lemon juice.
5. Sift in dry ingredients alternately with remaining lemon juice, beating until smooth.
6. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
7. Spread a few tablespoonfuls of the batter in each the pans.
8. Bake in a very hot oven about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
9. Turn out on racks to cool.
10. Remove paper.
11. Repeat baking process until all the batter is used and 7
layers are baked.