Pudding Cake Roll
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skim milk/Non fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low calorie vanilla pudding mix/Instant, four 1/2-cup servings||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Reduced calorie instant vanilla pudding mix||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Envelope, Four 1/2-Cup Servings)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Lemon peel||1 , grated|
1) Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
2) Use 15 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan to spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3) Place the wax paper sheet to line the bottom of the pan.
4) Spray again and place it aside.
5) Use a wax paper sheet or a paper plate to sift together flour and baking powder. Place it aside.
6) In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs to frothy with an electric mixer at high speed.
7) Gradually beat in sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored and double in volume, about 2 minutes.
8) Add the flour mixture.
9) Use the prepared pan to spread the batter in a smooth way.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched with fingers.
11) Use a linen towel to turn the cake, by removing and discarding wax paper.
12) Start at the narrow end to roll the cake with towel.
13) Place the rolled cake on wire rack and allow to coop.
14) Meanwhile, prepare pudding as per the instruction on package, with 2 cups milk.
15) Remove the towel from cooled cake after unrolling it carefully.
16) Spread the pudding over surface of cake by leaving a 1/2-inch border.
17) Roll the cake again and place on a serving platter by keeping the seam-side down.
18) Dust with confectioners' sugar.
19) Cover the roll lightly with a plastic wrap and place inside refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
20) Garnish with lemon peel to serve.