Apricot Loaf Cakes
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut up|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), undiluted|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In warm water, soak the apricots for 30 minutes. Drain well.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, egg, shortening, water and juice.
4) Into a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients twice.
5) To the sugar mixture, gradually add the dry ingredients.
6) Now, add the drained apricots and chopped pecans. Mix well.
7) Into a loaf pan, pour this batter. Let stand for 20 minutes.
8) Bake in the oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
9) Slice and serve as required.
You can prepare more batter by doubling the ingredients. Freeze and store the batter, for use later.