|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cocoa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot coffee||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (You May Use Instant Coffee)|
|Flour||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup, Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, cream together the oleo and sugar.
3) Add eggs, one a time, beating well in between.
4) In another bowl, combine cocoa, vanilla, red food coloring and hot coffee.
5) To this bowl, add the sugar and egg mixture.
6) Stir in flour. Mix well.
7) Into a greased and floured loaf pan (11x4 1/2x2 3/4 inches), pour the batter.
8) Bake for 1 hour.
9) Then, increase the heat to 300 degrees and bake for 20 more minutes.
10) This tastes delicious when served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 45.7 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 40.7 g
Protein 10 g19%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet