Golden Squash Cake
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow straight neck squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Pitted dates||8 , chopped|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a 1-quart fluted tube pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray, keep aside.
3) On a wax paper sheet or a paper plate, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together, keep aside.
4) In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs and granulated sugar together until combined.
5) Beat in the sour cream, orange peel and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
6) Stir in the sifted ingredients, then the squash and dates, mix well.
7) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
8) Turn out the cake on a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
9) In a small mixing bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar and cream cheese together, stir in the juice and mix well.
10) Place the cooled cake on a platter, drizzle over the mixture and allow the cake to harden.
11) Slice and serve on a serving platter.
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.2 mg21.1%
Sodium 215.1 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet