Banana Nut Cake
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Bananas||2 Cup (32 tbs), mashed|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3) To this, add the beaten egg yolks and mashed bananas.
4) Stir in the dry ingredients. Beat well.
5) Gradually add buttermilk and vanilla.
6) Stiffly beat the egg whites and fold into this mix.
7) Then, fold in chopped pecans.
8) Into a tube oven or bundt pan, transfer this batter and bake for 1 hour.
9) Slice and serve as required.