Walnut Marble Cake
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Ground walnuts||2 Ounce|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipped butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2) Use 10-inch fluted or plain tube pan to spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place it aside.
3) Use a small mixing bowl to add 2 tablespoons sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Combine all and set aside.
4) Use a sheet of wax paper or a paper plate, to sift together cake flour and baking powder. Place aside.
5) Use a large mixing bowl, add butter, margarine, and remaining sugar.
6) Use an electric mixer at medium speed, to beat the mixture, until light and fluffy.
7) Add yogurt, eggs, and vanilla to beat in until blended.
8) Add flour mixture to stir in.
9) Use the prepared pan to spread half part of batter.
10) Sprinkle the nut mixture on top.
11) Spread remaining batter over nuts.
12) Use a knife, to cut through batter for several times to swirl.
13) Place inside oven to bake for 35- 45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick, inserted in center, comes out clean.
14) Allow the cake to sit in the pan and cool for 5 minutes.
15) Transfer the cake on wire rack and completely cool.
16) Serve the cake with your choice of toppings.