Delicious Devil's Food Cake
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brer rabbit molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a mixer, cream butter and sugar.
3) To this, slowly add eggs, and beat until the mixture is fluffy.
4) Sift flour. Keep aside.
5) In another bowl, combine soda and buttermilk.
6) In a 9 inch baking pan, add flour, cocoa and spices, alternately with soda and buttermilk mixture, in three layers. The layers should begin and end with flour.
7) On top, add molasses.
8) Bake for about 30 minutes.
9) Slice and serve, topped with homemade frosting.