Spicy Marble Coffee Cake
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), granulated|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light molasses||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. Beat cream, shortening and granulated sugar together.
3. Stir in the egg and beat well.
4. Mix 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Slowly add the creamed mixture with milk alternately. Keep beating after every addition.
6. Divide the prepared batter into halves.
7. Add molasses, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in first half. Mix properly.
8. Take a greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan and add the batters alternately.
9. Use a spatula to create a Zigzag batter to marble.
10. Mix all the remaining ingredients properly. Sprinkle batter on the top.
11. Place in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
12. Serve hot in a serving dish.