Apple Cranberry Upside Down Cake
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Apple||1 Large, peeled|
|Cranberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sweetened|
|Apple||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Sweetened fried cranberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Quick bread mix||15 2⁄3 Ounce (Topping)|
|Cranberry quick bread and muffin mix||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) Grease 10-inch ovenproof skillet or 10-inch deep dish pie pan with shortening.
3) In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter.
4) In skillet, spread the mixture.
5) Arrange apple slices and cranberries over brown sugar mixture.
6) In large bowl, stir all cake ingredients 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened.
7) Spoon the batter over apples.
8) Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (if cast-iron or dark-colored skillet is used, start checking for doneness after 30 minutes).
9) Let it cool in pan.
10) On the serving plate, invert the cake.
11) Let it cool for 20 minutes.
12) Serve the cake warm or cool.
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.9 mg23%
Sodium 610.9 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 61.7 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet