Crunchy coffee Cake
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a large bowl and sift baking powder, flour and salt in it.
3) Cream shortening, vanilla and 3/4 cup sugar. Add egg and beat until fluffy.
4) Add flour mixture alternating with milk. Mix well.
5) Take a greased 11 x 7-inch pan and place mixture in it.
6) Toss the bread cubes in butter.
7) Take a bowl and combine in it 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over bread cubes.
8) Add nuts and sour cream. Spread mixture over the cake batter.
9) Bake for about 30 minutes.
10) Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
11) Serve warm at snack time.