|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fruit||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate ice cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Candied red cherries||8|
1. Lightly grease with butter or margarine a round, 1-1/2-quart baking dish, about 6-1/2 inches in diameter and 4 inches deep.
2. Line the sides and bottom of the pan with the split ladyfingers.
3. Brush ladyfingers lightly with some of rum.
4. Combine 1 tablespoon rum with apricot pre- serves; mix well; spread over ladyfingers on bottom layer.
5. Cover with more split ladyfingers; brush with rum.
6. Then make a layer of pistachio ice cream; cover with split ladyfingers and cover with rum.
7. Spoon candied fruit and halved cherries over top and cover with a little rum.
8. Make a layer of strawberry ice cream; cover with split ladyfingers; sprinkle with rum.
9. Make a layer of chocolate ice cream; cover with a last layer of split ladyfingers. Cover with plastic film. Freeze in freezer 3 hours or longer.
10. Serve with softly whipped sweetened cream