Fresh Apple Cake
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 , ground|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Golden delicious apple||1 Medium, cored, quartered (Or Large Sized)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 350Â°.
2) To the work bowl of the food processor,add whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel and walnuts.
3) Pulse on/off to mix the contents.
4) Remove the metal blade of the food processor and insert the shredding disc.
5) Stack apple quarters in feed tube using shredding disc.
6) Slowly fold into the flour mixture.
7) Transfer to the mixing bowl.
8) Toss lightly to mix.
9) To the work bowl,add butter, honey, egg, water and vanilla extract using metal blade.
10) Blend for 10 seconds.
11) Switch off the machine.
12) Empty the down sides of bowl.
13) Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
14) Empty the down sides of bowl, add dry ingredients all together.
15) Mix with 3-4 on/off pulses.
16) Empty the down sides of work bowl,Before last on/off.
17) Do not overblend.
18) Take a a greased and floured 8 x 8-inch baking pan,fold the mixture.
19) Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
20) Cool slightly and serve warm or allow to cool completely.