Wet Bottom Molasses Cake
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sulphured molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Medium)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blackstrap molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F and grease an 8-inch round baking dish.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine wheat flour and baking soda. Slowly, add the unsulfured molasses and oil and stir to form a smooth mixture. Set aside 1 cup from this mixture.
3) In another bowl, mix hot water and blackstrap molasses. Add it into the flour mixture and fold in well.
4) Pour the cake mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle the reserved 1 cup of flour-molasses mixture on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
5) To check if the cake is done, stick a toothpick in the centre of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
6) Serve the Wet Bottom Molasses Cake warm or cold as a dessert or tea-time snack.