Williamsburg Orange Wine Cake
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 (Unbeaten)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Golden)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the margarine and sugar, until creamy and fluffy.
3) To this, add the unbeaten egg whites, orange rind, vanilla, raisins and walnuts. Mix well.
4) Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt.
5) Add to the batter alternately with the buttermilk.
6) Pour the batter into an oiled and floured cake pan.
7) Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
8) Cool, top with frosting and serve.