1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add and combine together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. For the spice mix: In another bowl, add and combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon powder. Mix well and set aside.
4. For the wet ingredients: In a medium large mixing bowl, melt and mix butter. Add sugar and cream it well with the butter.
5. Add egg and mix until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and milk and mix well.
6. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
7. Take a 12 cup greased muffin tray and spoon the batter mixture about half way through. Sprinkle the spice mixture over this and then pour the remaining muffin batter evenly.
8. Bake this in the oven at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Serve these spiced muffins with warm milk or tea.