Red Velvet Cake Recipe Video - Perfect For Christmas And Valentine Party
|To prepare the buttermilk|
|Lime juice/Vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Pound (Room temperature)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ener-g egg replacer||3 Tablespoon (Instead of 2 eggs)|
|The rest of the ingredients|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red food color||2 Tablespoon|
To prepare the butter milk:
1. Take 1 tbsp of lime juice / vinegar in a cup and fill the rest of the cup with milk (upto the 1 cup mark) and let it stand undisturbed for about 10 minutes. This would be butter milk.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Grease 2 baking tins with cooking spray and set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar well. Keep it aside.
5. In a bowl take 3 cups of cake flour, cocoa powder, ener-G egg replacer powder. Mix all these dry ingredients very well.
6. Alternately, add flour mix and butter milk to the butter and sugar mixture and blend well.
7. Slowly add about 1/4 cup of water. Keep blending.
8. Add baking soda (mixed with 1 tbsp of vinegar), vanilla extract.
9. To reach the right consistency of the batter, add more buttermilk if required. (The chef adds a total of 1 1/4 cup of buttermilk)
10. Add 2 tbsp of red food color and fold in the batter gently to incorporate the color. Then blend using the mixer.
11. Pour the batter into the greased baking pans and bake in the preheated oven at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
12. Serve the red velvet cake frosted with your favorite icing.
To prepare your own cake flour:
All purpose flour 1 cup (a little less than 1 cup)
cornstarch 2 tbsp
Place two tbsp of cornstach in a one-cup measure. Fill the rest of the cup with all purpose flour. This can be used in place of cake flour.
To prepare your own egg replacer:
Whip 1 tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp of water until thick or 1 tbsp of flax seeds and 3 tbsp of water (whisk well) or 1/4 cup whipped silken tofu.