4 Tablespoon (3 - 4 tbsp used to make the icing smooth and spreadable)
For the cream frosting
Heavy whipping cream
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (360 ml)
8 Ounce (Room temperature)
Ener-g egg replacer/Arrowroot powder
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Pure vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon (Use as required)
Confectioners sugar/Icing sugar
1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted (or powdered sugar may be used)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Walnuts/Any nuts such as pecans or almonds
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), coarsely crushed in a food processor
To prepare the butter frosting:
1. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add the confectioners sugar gradually, beating after each addition.
3. Add 3 tbsp milk or light cream beating until smooth. Beat in more milk (if required) until desired consistency is reached and the frosting is spreadable.
4. Serves about 2 1/3 cup of frosting, enough to frost the tops and sides of an 8-inch 2 layer cake or a 10-inch tube or about 1 dozen cupcakes.
To prepare cream based frosting:
1. In a bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and whip on a slow speed till its thick and fluffy.
2. Add the cream cheese and whip again for a minute.
3. Add the ener-G egg replacer, powdered sugar and beat again for a couple of minutes till well blended.
4. Add vanilla extract and fold in the frosting gently using a spatula.
5. Add the shredded coconut, crushed walnuts and gently fold in using a spatula.
6. The cream based frosting is ready to be spread on cakes and cupcakes and served with sprinkles of your favorite cake decorations.
Ground Oreo can be used for frosting Oreo cookie cake and cupcakes.
Things You Will Need
1. Electric mixer
2. Food processor - to crush the walnuts / any nuts used
To all those who want to know how to make eggless frosting should definitely try this out. The chef shows how to make cream frosting. The directions are easy to follow. The frosting tastes really delicious. Watch the video for the detailed recipe.