|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Orange rind||4 Tablespoon, grated|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Pour into greased loaf pan.
2) In a bowl, add the shortening and sugar and cream well.
3) Add in the eggs and beat well.
4) Sift together the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
5) Add in the rind and nuts.
6) Transfer into the loaf pan.
7) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, till done.
8) Remove from the oven and prick the top of cake with a fork.
9) Slice and serve as a delicious snack.