Simple Date Cake
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk/Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a 4-cup glass measure, heat the water in the microwave for about 5 to 6 minutes, until boiling.
2) Stir in the dates, sprinkle over the baking soda and allow to cool until just warm.
3) In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with sugar and eggs.
4) Then stir in the flour, vanilla extract and salt, blend well.
5) In a buttered 2-quart glass ceramic baking dish, pour the flour-date mixture.
6) Cook in the microwave for 9 to 11 minutes and rotate the dish 1/4 turn at an interval of 3 minutes.
7) Allow to rest for 5 minutes then turn out from the baking dish.
8) In 2-cup glass measure, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
9) Stir in the brown sugar, milk and nuts then blend well and spread over the cake.
10) Place the cake under a conventional broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is bubbly.
11) Slice and serve warm on serving plates.