Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake
|Plain chocolate||8 Ounce, broken|
|Plain chocolate/Use one with a low cocoa content - we used waitrose plain belgian chocolate||8 Ounce, broken into chunks (200 Gram)|
|Light brown sugar||8 Ounce|
|Light brown muscovado sugar||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Cream||100 Milliliter, soured|
|Soured cream||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Self rising flour||8 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||5 Tablespoon|
|Hundreds and thousands||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To Decorate)|
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Condensed milk||170 Gram|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
2. Take a 22 X 22 cm square tin, line using baking parchment and keep aside till required.
3. Take a large pan, add 100 ml hot water. Place sugar, butter and chocolate in it and gently melt the mixture.
4. Keep aside for 2 min, stir in sour cream and eggs, in that order.
5. Stir in flour followed by cocoa and whisk till no lumps are left.
6. Transfer to prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 min till teaser inserted can be taken out clean.
7. Place the tin on wire rack and allow to cool.
8. To prepare the icing, in a heatproof bowl kept in a pan containing water that is just simmering, melt the icing ingredients gently.
9. Allow to cool till it reaches spreadable consistency.
10. Turn cooled cake upside down and discard baking parchment. Apply the icing evenly on cake top and scatter hundreds and thousands on the top.
11. Slice into finger or triangles and serve.