|Bittersweet chocolate||6 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Unsalted butter||12 Tablespoon|
|Superfine sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||5 Large|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Egg whites||6 Large|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||6 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush a 8-inch springform pan with butter and dust with the flour.
3) In the top of a double boiler, warm the chocolate over simmering water until almost melted. Turn off the heat and stir to melt down.
4) In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 sugar with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy .
5) Gradually beat in the egg yolks and scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
6) Mix in the melted chocolate and vanilla on low speed. Sprinkle in the flour and mix on low speed until just combined. Keep aside in a warm place.
7) In a bowl, beat the egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add salt and beat further until they hold soft peaks.
8) Add rest of the sugar on high speed, 1 tablespoon at a time, beat for 10 seconds after each addition, beat an additional 30 seconds on a high speed until the whites are stiff and glossy.
9) Stir 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until combined. Fold in the rest of the whites in 3 additions.
10) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then invert the cake on the rack and remove the pan bottom to cool down.
11) Slice the cake horizontally in half and remove the top half. Spread the bottom half with 1/3 cup of the apricot preserves. Replace the top of the cake.
12) In a small pan, heat rest of the apricot preserves and then press through a small strainer. Brush the top and sides of the cake with the warm jam.
13) In a small bowl, add the chocolate and butter together.
14) In a small pot, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Pour the hot sugar syrup into the chocolate and whisk until all the chocolate has melted, then glaze over the top and sides of the cake.
15) Slice and serve on individual plates.