Cherry Topping Pineapple Upside Down Cake
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple slices||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Maraschino cherries/Candied cherries||4 , cut in half|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), unsifted|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), unsifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Liquid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (From Pineapple, Adding Milk If Required To Make The Quantity)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Drain the pineapple slices, reserving the syrup.
2. Place them on paper towels.
3. In an 8-inch round microwave baking dish place butter and melt in microwave for 1 minute
4. Sprinkle sugar over butter.
5. Arrange drained pineapple slices, slightly overlapping them in the dish.
6. Arrange cherries in an attractive manner.
7. In medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
8. Use an electric mixer to beat on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until batter is smooth .
9. Pour batter into dish over the fruit and lightly spread, evenly.
10. Cook in the microwave for about 11 minutes. A skewer should come out clean when inserted in center of the cake.
11. Invert dish onto plate, and let dish stand over cake a few minutes.
12. Remove the dish after giving a sharp tap.
13. Slice and serve warm.
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg27.7%
Sodium 466.4 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 70.8 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 26.4%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet