Banana Coffee Cake
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe banana||1 , mashed to make 1/2 cup|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nut topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Combine shortening, milk, egg, banana and sugar. Mix well.
2) Gradually add flour, nuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir until the flour is moistened.
3) Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
4) Sprinkle nut topping on the mix.
5) Cook on high power for 9 to 11 minutes.
5) Let it remain covered in the oven for 10 minutes.
6) Store, covered, until ready to serve.