Banana Coffee Cake
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe banana||1 , mashed to make 1/2 cup|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nut topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Combine shortening, milk, egg, banana and sugar. Mix well.
2) Gradually add flour, nuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir until the flour is moistened.
3) Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
4) Sprinkle nut topping on the mix.
5) Cook on high power for 9 to 11 minutes.
5) Let it remain covered in the oven for 10 minutes.
6) Store, covered, until ready to serve.
Calories 1027 Calories from Fat 524
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.6%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 108.6 mg36.2%
Sodium 1026 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 67.6 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet