Apple Pudding Cake
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Zwieback crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Pare the apples and then cut them in half. Grate to make 4 cups.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, toss the apples with ½ cup of the sugar.
4) In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together the zwieback crumbs, the remaining ½ cup of sugar and almonds. Add the melted butter or margarine and blend well.
5) Into a greased 6-cup baking dish, layer the apple and crumb mixtures. Start and end with the apple mix.
6) Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or till the apples are tender.
7) Serve warm. Whipped cream can be served on the side.