Red Raspberry Refrigerator Cake
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed sweetened red raspberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Make 1/2-inch slices from the cake.
2) Allow gelatine to soften in water.
3) Pour in hot water, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
4) Stir in raspberries, lemon juice, sugar, and salt.
5) Into a bowl, pour the mixture and then chill in fresh-food compartment until mixture begins to thicken.
6) Beat cream until it reaches a stiff stage and then mix it with the raspberry mixture.
7) Take a 9 x 5 x 2 1/2 inch pan and line it with cake slices.
8) Using the raspberry mixture, fill the pan and then again keep in fresh-food compartment to chill until firm.
9) Transfer to a serving dish and serve cold.
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42 mg14%
Sodium 70 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.19 g0.76%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 0.31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet