|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Chopped apples||6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled (6 Medium Ones)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Maple flavor||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Take 3 9 inch cake dishes and line the bottoms with waxed paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add the eggs, oil and vanilla and blend them in.
4. Next, stir in apples and walnuts.
5. Divide the batter between the three dishes.
6. In the microwave, cook one layer at a time for 5 minutes on Power 7 or Medium High and then for 3 to 4 minutes on High, till a pick comes out clean from the center.
7. Let it stand on the counter for 5 minutes.
8. Invert on serving plate and cool further.
9. Repeat with the next layers.
10. In a small bowl, place the butter.
11. Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds on High to melt.
12. Stir in sour cream and maple flavoring.
13. Mix in the rest of the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and mix until smooth.
14. Spread the filling between the layers and on top of cake.
13. Serve as a dessert.