Peachy Cake Roll
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pancake mix||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh peaches/Frozen peaches or canned peaches, drained||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Toasted flaked coconut/Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease and line a pan.
1. For cake, add salt to eggs; beat until thick and lemon
2. Add sugar to eggs, a little at a time, beating well after
3. Add vanilla and pancake mix; stir until smooth.
4. Spread evenly in greased waxed paper-lined pan.
5. Bake in hot oven () 8 to 10 minutes.
6. While cake roll is baking, sprinkle a towel well with
7. Immediately on taking cake from oven, loosen edges and turn
out on towel.
8. Peel waxed paper carefully from cake; trim off edges.
9. Roll cake in towel.
10. Let stand 20 minutes, then unroll.
11. Combine peaches, lemon juice, rind and softened Ice cream;
spread over cake roll.
12. Roll up quickly.
13. Wrap cake roll in aluminum foil; place in freezer several
(May be made a day to two in advance.)
14. Just before serving, whip cream until stiff; fold in sugar
and vanilla; frost top and sides of cake.
15. Sprinkle with coconut garnish with peach slices.