|Fruit salad||2 Pound (1 Jar, From The Dairy Case)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) From the fruit salad, drain the syrup into a 2-cup measure. If required, add water to make 1 ½ cups. Cut the fruits and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
3) In a small saucepan, mix together ½ cup of the sugar and cornstarch. Add the 1 ½ cups syrup mixture and stir well. Cook till the sauce is thick and has boiled for about 3 minutes, constantly stirring. Take the pan off the heat and add the orange and lemon juice. Stir well and pour the sauce all over the fruits.
4) In a medium-sized bowl, combine together the remaining ¼ cup sugar, biscuit mix and orange rind.
5) In a cup, combine together the milk and melted butter or margarine. Add the mixture all at once to the biscuit mixture and stir well till evenly moist.
6) On an ungreased large cookie sheet, drop the batter by tablespoonfuls in 8 mounds. Use a spoon to spread slightly to ½-inch thickness.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or till the batter is golden in color.
8) Use 2 forks to split the shortcakes and put each back together in a serving dish. Place the fruit mixture between and on top.
9) Serve warm. Can be served plain or with ice cream.
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18 mg6%
Sodium 81.1 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 34.6 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 81%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet