Simple Walnut Pound Cake
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Pound|
|Almond paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a baking pan; butter and scatter flour over it. Keep it aside.
3) Into a blender, add in the butter, almond paste, brown sugar and allspice. Cream until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks and blend well again.
4) Take a bowl and sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir the mixture into the butter, alternating with the sour cream.
5) In a different, wide bowl, beat the egg whites along with the vanilla to form soft peaks. Spoon in the white sugar, a little at a time, and beat form to stiff peaks.
6) Add in third of the egg whites into the batter and blend. Then add in the walnuts and mix.
7) Fold the batter into the remaining egg whites, a little at a time. Transfer the batter into the buttered pan.
8) Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or till the edges of the cake pull away slightly from the pan.
9) Use a toothpick to test its doneness by inserting in the center. It should come out clean.
10) Keep the pan on a rack and cool for several minutes and then unmold.
11) Make slices and serve with cream.