Basic White Cake
|Lemon flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Grease and flour 3 cake pans.
3) In a bowl, add sugar and butter and beat well till fluffy.
4) In a bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
5) Add into the creamed mix, alternating with milk.
6) Beat well after each addition.
7) Mix in the salt and flavorings.
8) Beat the egg whites till stiff peaks and fold into the batter.
9) Transfer into the cake pans.
10) Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, till done.
11) Can be served simply or topped with chocolate sauce!