Iced Petits Fours
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||8 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Apricot glaze||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Almond paste||1 Pound, uncooked|
|Confectioners sugar frosting||4 Cup (64 tbs) (From 4 Cups Confectioners' Sugar)|
|For confectioners sugar frosting|
|Confectioners sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Food colorings||4 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Take a 10 X 6 X 1 inch rectangular pan, grease well with butter and line the bottom.
3. Take a pan, place on low heat, melt butter. Take off from heat and keep aside for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Sieve in flour along with cornstarch thrice.
5. Take a large deep bowl, place on a pan with hot water. Break in eggs and beat for few seconds. Add sugar and beat till the mixture turns pale and leaves behind a thick trail when whisk is taken out.
6. Take the bowl off from heat and beat for 3 to 4 minutes till the mixture becomes cool.
7. With rubber spatula, gently fold in half the portion of sieved flour. Add melted butter, slowly along the bowl side, as a thin stream. Fold in rest of the flour.
8. Transfer the mixture to the pan, even the top, place just above the middle of the oven and bake for half an hour.
9. Invert on to a covered wire rack and allow to cool. Discard the lining paper.
10. Place on a flat surface. Cut into 24 to 30 shapes of your choice.
11. Spread warm apricot glaze in the petits fours.
12. Roll almond paste into a thin sheet and cut in the shapes of petit fours. Place atop petit fours.
13. Make confectioners' frosting into a coating consistency. Make into quarter and use lemon, green or pink to color 3 of the 4. Add flavoring to match the color.
14. Arrange petits fours on a wire tray, place on a plate. Using a spoon, carefully place frosting over cakes, allowing it to flow down the sides.
15. Wait till frosting is almost set. Garnish with silver shots or nuts or crystallized violets and rose petals or candied cherries.
16. Keep aside to dry and set well.
17. Arrange in small paper muffin cups and serve.
Calories 1185 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.9%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 47.9 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g71.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 173.7 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet