Warm Method Sponge Cake
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||6 (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F
2) To prepare the cake – place the rack in the center of oven.
3) Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Arrange a round of parchment or wax paper at the base of the pan.
4) Dust the pan with flour, coating evenly and tap out the excess flour.
5) In a small saucepan boil butter over medium heat.
6) Cook for 1 minute till the specks of milk solids in butter are lightly browned.
7) Take the pan off heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
8) Skim the foam from the top and pour into a medium bowl. Leave the brown bits in the pan.
9) Add vanilla into the pan.
10) In a bowl mix eggs and sugar using heavy-duty electric mixer.
11) Put the bowl over a pot of simmering water.
12) With a large balloon whisk, beat the mixtures till eggs are very warm to touch and sugar is dissolved. Rub the egg mixture between fingers to check for grains of sugar.
13) Attach the bowl to the mixer and fit with the whisk.
14) Beat on medium-high speed till mixture triples in volume and fluffy for about 3 minutes.
15) If using a hand mixer, beat for 5 minutes till it reaches the consistency.
16) In a bowl mix flour and salt.
17) Sift half of the flour over the eggs.
18) With a balloon whisk, fold in the flour, leaving wisps of flour.
19) Sift remaining flour over batter and fold it in.
20) Add a large dollop of batter into melted butter and whisk the mixture.
21) Fold the mixture into the batter. Transfer into a pan and even the top.
22) Bake for about 30 minutes till top springs back when pressed in the center.
23) Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
24) Using metal spatula remove the sides of the pan, invert onto the rack, and remove the bottom of the pan and the paper.
25) Invert on another rack and cool completely.
26) Serve as a snack.