Chocolate Mocha Cake
|Cooking spray||1 (Pam)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant coffee||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie margarine||8 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Nonfat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Cocoa||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a 9- or 10-inch tube pan, spray with PAM and dust with flour, tapping out any extra flour. Keep aside.
3. In a bowl mix the cocoa and coffee with the boiling water.
4. Add the margarine and stir until it melts.
5. Stir in the sugar, honey, egg yolk, and vanilla and blend well.
6. In another bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of the yogurt, then mix in the remaining yogurt.
7. Add the yogurt mixture to the cocoa mixture.
8. In yet another bowl, sift 2 cups of the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
9. Add this mixture to the cocoa mixture and stir well.
10. Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites until frothy.
11. Add the cream of tartar and go on beating until the mixture is stiff but not dry.
12. Fold the egg whites gently into the cocoa and flour batter.
13. Turn the batter onto the greased and dusted pan.
14. In the oven, bake for 45 to 55 minutes, then check if it is done by putting a pick in the center—it should come out clean. Note that the cake will not rise too much and the top will seem moist.
15. Place on a rack to cool for 30 minutes.
16. Unmold the cake and cool to room temperature before glazing the cake.
17. In a bowl, mix 1/3 cup cocoa, skim milk, confectioner's sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract thoroughly, and let it sit for a few minutes.
18. With a knife or plastic spatula spread the glaze over the top of the cake and let it dribble down the sides.
19. Slice and serve.