Classic Sour Cream Coffee Cake
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend sugar in butter or margarine.
2. Add eggs and beat.
3. Add vanilla to the egg mixture.
4. Mix flours, baking powder and baking soda; sift.
5. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to the egg mixture.
6. Flour mixture should be added at the beginning as well as the end.
7. Take two 8-1/4-inch baking dishes and line them with 2 layers of wax paper.
8. In a separate mixing bowl, prepare topping by mixing cut brown sugar, butter or margarine, flour, salt and cinnamon.
9. Mix with a pastry blender.
10. Add nuts and mix.
11. In the baking dishes, add 1/4th of the batter in each cake dish.
12. Sprinkle 1/4 topping on each cake.
13. Spread the remaining batter over each cake, even out with a knife.
14. Sprinkle remaining topping over each cake.
15. Bake on medium for 8 minutes.
16. Brown for 4 to 5 minutes.
17. Cool the cakes in the dish itself.
18. Turn onto cooling rack.
19. Cut into slices and serve.
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.5 mg48.5%
Sodium 356 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 47 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 0.46%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet