Strawberry Cobbler Cake
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Rinse the strawberries, hull them and slice in half.
3) Into a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the brown sugar and stir well.
4) Use a pastry blender to cut in 6 tablespoons of the butter or margarine till the mixture is crumbly.
5) In a 1-cup measure, beat the egg slightly and add enough milk to make 1 cup. Stir into the flour mixture till the ingredients are all well blended.
6) Into a greased deep 9-inch pie plate, pour the concoction. On top, arrange the strawberries, cut side down, in rings. Dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons margarine or butter. Sprinkle granulated sugar all over.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or till the center is firm.
8) Serve warm after cutting into wedges. Serve cream on the side.