Cheddar Corn Cakes
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Scallions)|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (green onions)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shredded|
|Whole kernel corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1% Milk Fat)|
|All purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|1% buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
1. Pre-heat a oven by setting it to 400°F.
2. Take a small sized nonstick skillet and heat the oil in it.
3. Add the peppers and scallions and cook over medium flame stirring once in a while.
4. Allow it to cook for a minute until the scallions turn tender, then remove it from flame, and keep aside.
5. Take a large sized mixing bowl and combine cheese, baking powder, flour and the corn together and keep it for later use.
6. Take another small mixing bowl and whisk together the egg yolks and milk.
7. Whisk 4 of the egg whites in a mixer at high speed until they become stiff without drying up.
8. Blend the milk and yolk mixture with the dry ingredients.
9. Fold the stiff egg whites in.
10. Take a nonstick baking sheet and grease it with nonstick cooking spray.
11. Place ½ a cup of batter on the baking sheet making it 10 in all.
12. Bake the mixture for 6 minutes until they turn golden in color.
13. Serve as hot with desired sauces.