Dairy Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake
|Milk free margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned sliced pineapple in light syrup||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained|
|Milk free margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a small pan, gently melt 3 tablespoons margarine.
3) Stir in 1 tablespoon pineapple syrup and brown sugar, keep aside.
4) In a bowl, cream 1/3 cup margarine and white sugar together.
5) Beat in the vanilla and egg until fluffy.
6) In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder together and stir into the creamed mixture alternately with rest of the pineapple syrup.
7) In a 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking pan, pour in the mixture.
8) In the ungreased pan, arrange the pineapple slices and cover with batter.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
10) Allow to cool for 5 minutes then invert on a serving platter.
11) Slice and serve on the individual serving plates.