Chocolate Pecan Cake
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Unsalted, 2 Sticks)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||12 Ounce, broken into small bits (Best Quality)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 Large, separated|
|Confectioner sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Bittersweet chocolate||6 Ounce, broken into small bits|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush a 9 1/2-inch springform pan with butter. Line the bottom of the pan with a round waxed or parchment paper. Brush the paper with butter and dust the pan lightly with flour, tap out any excess flour.
3) In a food processor, place the pecans and pulse until the pecans resemble coarse meal. Measure 1 1/4 cups ground pecans and keep aside.
4) In a heavy small saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate and milk over a low heat to melt the chocolate. Stir occasionally until the mixture is smooth.
5) In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and confectioners' sugar together with an electric mixer until thick and pale.
6) Gradually add the melted chocolate mixture to the eggs and beat until well combined. Stir the flour and the pecans and mix well.
7) In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold soft peaks. Stir 1/3 egg whites into the chocolate mixture until mixed. Gently fold in rest of the egg whites until just combined.
8) Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the prehead oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
9) Place the cake on a wire rack to cool down, then remove the cake from the pan, peel off the paper, and place on a serving plate.
10) In a heavy small saucepan, melt the chocolate, cream and butter over very low heat . Stir occasionally until the mixture is smooth, then allow to slightly cool.
11) Pour the glaze over the cake and smoothen it gently across the top and down the sides. Allow to rest for almost 2 hours before serving.
12) Slice and serve on serving plates.