Quick Devil'S Food Cake
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
1. Grease and line the bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round microwave baking dishes.
2. On wax paper, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine shortening, sugar, cocoa and vanilla
4. Beat with wire wish or electric mixer until light and creamy.
5. Heat water in microwave for about 4 minutes, until boiling.
6. Add together the boiling water, buttermilk and eggs into creamed mixture and beat well until smooth and velvety.
7. Add together the sifted ingredients and stir well.
8. Divide the batter equally between cake dishes.
9. Cook in microwave, one at a time, for 8 to 9 minutes, or until spongy to touch and knife comes out clean
10. Remove from oven and let cool.
11. Turn out on wire rack and cool thoroughly.
12. Frost completely cooled cakes as desired or use as required to make desserts.