Simple Pineapple Upside Down Cake
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow cake mix||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) In an 8-inch round glass baking dish, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2) Drain and reserve the pineapple juice.
3) In a bowl, blend the butter, brown sugar and drained pineapple together.
4) Spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish and arrange the maraschino cherries over the mixture.
5) Prepare the cake mix as per package directions, add the reserved pineapple juice instead of water and pour evenly over the pineapple mixture.
6) Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, rotate the dish 1/4 turn halfway during the cooking.
7) Allow to rest for 5 minutes until the cake loosens from sides of the baking dish.
8) Then turn out the cake on a serving dish.
9) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.