|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, boiled and mashed (750 Gram)|
|Smoked haddock||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|For crumb coating|
|Dried breadcrumbs||3 Ounce|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6.
2) In a pan, add milk and poach the smoked haddock until it is cooked and flakes easily.
3) In a bowl, mix the skinned, flaked fish with the other ingredients.
4) Using your hands, make 8 to 10 fingers or rounds.
5) Refrigerate until firm.
6) In a bowl containing the beaten egg, dip the patties and dredge it with breadcrumbs mixed with chopped parsley and seasoning.
7) Keep them on a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
8) Serve hot with chips.
Calories 454 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.7 mg47.9%
Sodium 1083.1 mg45.1%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 36 g72.8%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 93.3%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet