Part 2 - Red Velvet Cake From Pg 206 In Rosalie Serving Cookbook
|For the cake batter|
|Sugar||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1 Fluid Ounce|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||8 Ounce, melt (Bakers)|
|Cake flour mix||2 Cup (32 tbs) (swans down)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Hershey, including for dusting on cake plate)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||14 Tablespoon (1 cup + 2 tbsp)|
|White vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|For the topping|
|Shredded coconut||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), caramelize|
|Long stemmed cherries||3 Small|
|Sprinkles||1 Tablespoon (red)|
|For the frosting|
|Philadelphia cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Prepare the 3 cake plate buy greasing and dusting them with butter, flour and cocoa powder.
2. In a blender add the butter and sugar cream them until smooth, add the eggs and blend.
3. Add the red food coloring followed by melted semi-sweet chocolate, blend for 1 minute.
4. In another mixing bowl combine the cake flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
5. In another bowl combine the buttermilk and white vinegar.
6. Start adding the cake flour mixture to the blender and add the buttermilk alternating both the ingredients until you finish the entire content.
7. Blend everything until all ingredients are incorporated completely.
8. Scrap down the sides, keep it aside.
9. Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
10. Beat the egg whites with a hand blender until foamy, light and stiff.
11. Add the vanilla to the cake batter and fold the egg whites into the batter.
12. Pour the batter in the prepared cake plate.
13. Bake the cake in preheated oven for 25-28 minutes.
14. Once done remove the cakes from the oven and let it cool on a cooling racks.
15. Start making the frosting by combining cream cheese along with butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. In a food processor whip all the ingredients for 3 minutes or until creamy.
16. Assemble the cake by placing 1 layer of cake on the pedestal cake plate, spread the cream cheese evenly and sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
17. Continue the same steps until you finish all the layers of cake.
18. Pad the cake completely with shredded coconut, cover the cake completely on all sides.
19. In a small pan caramelize the pecans with sugar for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
20. Add the pecans on top of the cake and place the cherries and sprinkle some red sprinkles on top.
21. Serve the red velvet cake after a hearty meal.
Pedestal cake plate