Raisin Nut Spice Cake
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Raisins||5 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||3 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
|Glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 425°F
2) In a bowl sift dry ingredients together. Keep it aside.
3) Simmer and heat beer and raisins in a saucepan. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
4) In a bowl cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
5) Mix molasses and stir.
6) Beat in one egg at a time.
7) Drain the raisin and reserve raisins.
8) Add dry ingredients alternately in thirds with reserved beer. Beat till well blended.
9) Add raisins and nuts.
10) Place the contents into a well-greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan or angel food cake pan.
11) Bake for 1 hour until done.
12) Let the pan stand for 10 minutes.
13) Invert and keep in cake rack.
14) Cool the mixture and cover with foil.
15) Store in airtight container.
16) Make the cake slices a day in advance.
17) Prepare the glaze adding 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar with beer or milk.
18) Spread the drizzle over cake shortly before serving.