A delicious little tea cake. Easy to put together and perfect with a cup of tea.
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 , zested
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
2. Spray a 9 inch baking dish with baking spray, line with parchment paper, spray again.
3. In an electric mixer, place butter, blend until it turns light and fluffy. Gradually add almond paste. Add sugar and beat until the mixture turns light & fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and the orange zest, mix together.
5. In a mixing bowl, place flour, baking powder and salt, stir to mix.
6. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix just until combined.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and using a spatula smoothen the mixture.
8. Sprinkle the almond slices evenly onto the batter.
9. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
10. Cut the cake into wedges.
11. Serve hot or cold with tea or any other beverage of your choice.
Want to bake the perfect tea cake for your afternoon tea get togethers? Want a treat that can be whipped up in minutes and is sure to please everyone's taste buds? Then watch this video and surprise your guests with a yummy almond cake. Get ready to amaze!