A light & moist gingerbread cake, topped with a delicious cream cheese and orange glaze. Perfect for any holiday tea!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Light cream cheese
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1⁄2 , zested
1. Pre-heat oven to 325F.
2. Spray a square baking pan with baking spray, line with parchment paper, spray again.
3. In an electric mixer , add eggs & sugar, beat until the mixture turns light yellow, about 4 minutes. Add oil and beat another 1 minute.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix applesauce and add baking soda.
5. In bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and spices. Set aside.
4. To the running mixer, pour half of the flour and then half of the applesauce mixture. Repeat the process for the remaining flour and apple sauce mixture.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
6. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
7. In a mixer jar, add cream cheese, using a whisk attachment, whisk until it turns light.
8. Add sugar and beat until creamy. Add vanilla and orange zest, beat for about 4 minutes.
9. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the cake and smoothen it out. Allow to sit until it reaches room temperature or refrigerate.
10. Cut into squares of desirable size.
Looking for a simple tea cake recipe that doesn't take very long to prepare but is impressive and yummy? Then you must watch this video. Learn to make a tender, moist gingerbread tea cake that you are sure to love!